Notify online

Are there additional requirements for posted foreign nationals?

In order to be able to work in the Netherlands, foreign nationals with a nationality from outside the EEA and Switzerland should usually have a work permit. For posted foreign nationals there is an exception: under Article 1e of the Foreign Nationals (Employment) Act Implementation Decree (BuWav), a notification obligation applies for the posting of third-country workers who customarily work lawfully in another member state.

Until March 1, 2020, you must make this notification to the UWV (Netherlands Employees Insurance Agency). As of March 1, 2020, posted foreign nationals will be notified by notifying them through this website through the online notification portal. You must indicate through the notification portal that your employee comes from a third country.

If you second an employee from a third country to the Netherlands for longer than 3 months (under Article 1e of the BuWav), you or your employee must apply to the Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND) for a temporary regular residence permit in the context of cross-border service provision. If the IND receives such a request, it will check whether a notification has in fact been made. If you have made an one-year-notification for an employee from a third country and you would like to apply for a residence permit for this employee, you must submit a regular notification for this employee through the online notification portal, via this website, so that the IND can see the duration for which this employee is likely to work in the Netherlands.